Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin
In light of Halloween season, we want to share some interesting SCARY facts about finances that might surprise you.
- The average household with debt owes $132,529
- Fool.com states that only 18% of Americans have IRAs
- The US average savings rate is only 5.5%
- $3.1 trillion is spent on healthcare alone
- According to an article found on frugalrules.com, 52% of Americans could not cover an emergency of $400
- Food waste accounts for $165 billion each year
- 54% of people with student loans did not check what their monthly payments would be before taking them out
- The average household with credit card debt pays $1,292 in interest alone
Our goal is to spread financial literacy awareness. We all need to take inventory of our spending and saving habits. We hope you enjoyed these spooky facts and wish you a safe and happy Halloween.